Forums

Post has published by Impa
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Participant

Suddenly I am intrigued towards it. Complete note here or transcription below:

Two days now that I fell into this cave, and still no help from the base. Did they not notice my gone missing? Surely the others were able to reach the camp and tell of our findings in the ice? I hope that my notes will not be lost and that someone found my satchel with the shards, and can make something out of it. … Three days now, and food for maybe one other day. It is cold, and I can barely hold the stylus. … I believe I am not alone. I see strange things moving, behind the walls. Am I hallucinating? Maybe there is a way through to somewhere else, somewhere warm, if I could only break the ice. But my sword broke trying to reach the strange glitter and movement, and I am without hope.

Where to find the note

I’ve tried to pick, ice pick and hit with axe the walls nearby and some walls in the cave that looked suspicious. Nothing. Tried to shovel some suspicious SQMs. Nothing. Didn’t try to pick/ice pick/axe the whole cave’s walls because, well… 😛

Now please take a look at this part: “(…) I believe I am not alone. I see strange things moving, behind the walls. Am I hallucinating? Maybe there is a way through to somewhere else, somewhere warm, if I could only break the ice.”

Warmer place

The floor in the frost dragons cave (the exact cave looking to north direction from where the note is found) isnt covered with ice, so I believe this would be a warmer place indeed. The walls are crystaline, so he could indeed see some shadows in the other side. He calls it “strange creatures” and what could be stranger than seeing the shadows of frost dragons walking by?

Frost dragonI got no levels to go there and take a look if we may find any connection, tho. 🙁

Now some obs that may be useful or not:

a) The note has respawn even without server save (didn’t get the exact time, but in 6 hours I got one with my ED and one with my EK);

b) The only known quest actually near that gives a shard as a reward is the Inukaya Quest. It doesnt seems to be related, tho. The note makes me think at least about a body to be found, and this quest has the reward on a chest;

c) It doesn’t seem to have any “sparkling point” in the cave itself, that could be the glitter he mentions;

d) There is a cracked sqm near the cave entrance, to the north. I’ve tried interacting with it (pick/shovel/ice pick/axe/use action), but nothing happened. There is nothing immediately -1 to that cracked sqm.
    Cracked SQM
    Can we just pretend wisp is the “glitter” he saw? 😛

In the end of the day, I don’t think it is a huge mystery, but I also don’t think it is just lore covering note. I was thinking about a small interactive ‘quest’, like clicking/breaking some square and find a body with a shard and some minor rewards inside it (like the copper shield on rookgaard). Don’t think that there will have actually a connection between that place and any other “warmer” place.

Important: I appreciate the help u/elbala from reddit gave me in some of these points!

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Mogh.
    • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Mogh.
  • Keymaster

That’s some nice piece  of research you did along with elbala, that was a good read.

Honestly, I’m not sure if there is a mystery here. In my opinion, the note may belong to one of Yakchal’s followers mentioned here: https://tibia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Frostspire%27s_Secret_III_(Book)

They were sent to find shards for her master, who later used big amounts of shards for his rituals and experiments.
    Strange things moving and glitter behind the ice were probably quara scouts. They didn’t kill him after all. Looks like he died because of hunger and cold. That’s why he dreamed about warmth.

I checked the place you marked on the map – undergrounds of Chyllfroest. There are 2 ghastly dragons in that exact place, and single undead dragon 1 lvl below:

Ice and rocks + it’s a bit far from the quara cave.
    Nevertheless, I wish there would be a secret passage or a cave with the body or something similar…

Thank you for this post. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Bosst.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Bosst.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A password will be emailed to you.