About Us Bonelord Tome Our Publications Transcripts Contact
tibiasecrets emblem

Tom

Transcript of Tom

tibiasecrets emblem

Tom

Transcript of Tom

Player: hi / hello
Tom: Hey there, Player. I'm Tom the tanner. If you have fresh corpses, leather, paws or other animal body parts, trade with me.
Player: academy
Tom: Those people in the academy have no idea what's going on in the real world. Books are not everything.
Player: addon / outfit
Tom: Would you like to wear bear paws like I do? No problem, just bring me 50 bear paws and 50 wolf paws and I'll make them for you.
Player: Al Dee
Tom: He's an apple polisher.
Player: Amber
Tom: Now that's an interesting woman.
Player: armor / shield / weapon / helmet
Tom: Nope, sorry, don't sell that. Ask Obi or Lee'Delle.
Player: backpack / rope / shovel
Tom: Nope, sorry, don't sell that. Go see Al Dee or Lee'Delle.
Player: bank
Tom: When you head into a dungeon, leave your gold at the bank. Did you ever wonder why monsters carry gold with them? Devoured adventurers, mark my words.
Player: bear paw / wolf paw
Tom: Have you brought 50 bear paws and 50 wolf paws?
Player: Billy
Tom: He's a better cook than his cousin Willie, actually.
Player: blueberr
Tom: There are many blueberry bushes in and around this village. Nature's for free.
Player: cipfried
Tom: I'm not what you'd call a 'believer'.
Player: cookie / food
Tom: I don't sell food, you should ask at the farms of Willie or Billy.
Player: Dallheim
Tom: He's okay.
Player: Dixi
Tom: She buys my fine leather clothes.
Player: dungeon
Tom: Dungeons can be dangerous without proper equipment.
Player: equipment
Tom: You need at least a backpack, a rope, a shovel, a weapon, an armor and a shield.
Player: fishing
Tom: I don't fish.
Player: fresh
Tom: Fresh means: shortly after their death.
Player: gold / money
Tom: Well, no gold, no deal. Earn gold by fighting monsters and picking up the things they carry. Also, you can sell their corpses to me.
Player: help
Tom: Help? I will give you a few gold coins if you have some fresh dead animals for me. Note the word fresh.
Player: how are you
Tom: Much to do these days.
Player: human
Tom: Are you crazy?!
Player: hyacinth
Tom: I wonder if he's angry because his potion monopoly fell.
Player: info
Tom: Do I look like a tourist information centre? Go ask someone else.
Player: job
Tom: I'm the local tanner. I buy fresh animal corpses, tan them, and convert them into fine leather clothes which I then sell to merchants.
Player: king
Tom: Bah, the king. I'm my own king.
Player: Lee'Delle
Tom: Her nose is a little high in the air, I think. She never shakes my hand.
Player: Lily
Tom: She always comes and preaches about how one should not wear animal skin.
Player: Loui
Tom: I wonder what spectacular monsters he has found.
Player: main
Tom: You can go there once you are level 8 and have talked to the oracle.
Player: merchant
Tom: Dixi and Lee'Delle sell my leather clothes in their shops.
Player: monster
Tom: Good monsters to start with are rats. They live in the sewers under the village of Rookgaard.
Player: name
Tom: My name is Tom the tanner.
Player: Norma
Tom: I like her beer.
Player: Obi
Tom: He is such a hypocrite.
Player: offer / stuff / buy / sell / corpses / wares / animal
Tom: I'm buying fresh corpses of rats, rabbits and wolves. I don't buy half-decayed ones. If you have any for sale, trade with me.
Player: oracle
Tom: It's in the academy, just above Seymour. Go there once you are level 8 to leave this place.
Player: orc
Tom: I don't buy orcs. Their skin is too scratchy.
Player: Paulie
Tom: Typical pencil pusher.
Player: potion
Tom: Go to Lily for that.
Player: quest
Tom: Well, if you call that a quest, I have a little collection task. It's about an outfit.
Player: rookgaard
Tom: This island has its own problems, but all in all it's a decent place to live.
Player: Santiago
Tom: I don't have a problem with him.
Player: sewer
Tom: The nearest sewer entrance is just to the right of this building.
Player: Seymour
Tom: He sticks his nose too much in books.
Player: tanner
Tom: That's my job. It can be dirty at times but it provides enough income for my living.
Player: Thais
Tom: Ah, Thais is rotten to the core.
Player: thank
Tom: No need for that.
Player: Tibia
Tom: Rookgaard is just a tiny spot in the world of Tibia.
Player: time
Tom: Sorry, I haven't been outside for a while, so I don't know.
Player: tom
Tom: Yep.
Player: trade
Tom: Sure, check what I buy.
Player: troll
Tom: Troll leather stinks. Can't use it.
Player: Willie
Tom: I kinda like him. At least he says what he thinks.
Player: Zerbrus
Tom: He's okay.
Player: Zirella
Tom: My mother?? Did you meet my mother??
Player: yes
Tom: Bah, I guess everyone's telling you horror stories about what a bad son I am. Everyone's judging me although they have no idea what really happened.
Player: hint
Tom: 'Capacity' restricts the amount of things you can carry with you. It raises with each level.
Tom: Always have a look on your health bar. If you see that you do not regenerate health points anymore, eat something.
Tom: Always eat as much food as possible. This way, you'll regenerate health points for a longer period of time.
Tom: After you have killed a monster, you have 10 seconds in which the corpse is not moveable and no one else but you can loot it.
Tom: Be careful when you approach three or more monsters because you only can block the attacks of two. In such a situation even a few rats can do severe damage or even kill you.
Tom: There are many ways to gather food. Many creatures drop food but you can also pick blueberries or bake your own bread. If you have a fishing rod and worms in your inventory, you can also try to catch a fish.
Tom: Baking bread is rather complex. First of all you need a scythe to harvest wheat. Then you use the wheat with a millstone to get flour. ...
Tom: This can be be used on water to get dough, which can be used on an oven to bake bread. Use milk instead of water to get cake dough.
Tom: Dying hurts! Better run away than risk your life. You are going to lose experience and skill points when you die.
Tom: When you switch to 'Offensive Fighting', you deal out more damage but you also get hurt more easily.
Tom: When you are on low health and need to run away from a monster, switch to 'Defensive Fighting' and the monster will hit you less severely.
Tom: Many creatures try to run away from you. Select 'Chase Opponent' to follow them.
Tom: The deeper you enter a dungeon, the more dangerous it will be. Approach every dungeon with utmost care or an unexpected creature might kill you. This will result in losing experience and skill points.
Tom: Due to the perspective, some objects in Tibia are not located at the spot they seem to appear (ladders, windows, lamps). Try clicking on the floor tile the object would lie on.
Tom: If you want to trade an item with another player, right-click on the item and select 'Trade with ...', then click on the player with whom you want to trade.
Tom: Stairs, ladders and dungeon entrances are marked as yellow dots on the automap.
Tom: You can get food by killing animals or monsters. You can also pick blueberries or bake your own bread. If you are too lazy or own too much money, you can also buy food.
Tom: Quest containers can be recognised easily. They don't open up regularly but display a message 'You have found ....'. They can only be opened once.
Tom: Better run away than risk to die. You'll lose experience and skill points each time you die.
Tom: You can form a party by right-clicking on a player and selecting 'Invite to Party'. The party leader can also enable 'Shared Experience' by right-clicking on him- or herself.
Tom: You can assign spells, the use of items, or random text to 'hotkeys'. You find them under 'Options'.
Tom: You can also follow other players. Just right-click on the player and select 'Follow'.
Tom: You can found a party with your friends by right-clicking on a player and selecting 'Invite to Party'. If you are invited to a party, right-click on yourself and select 'Join Party'.
Tom: Only found parties with people you trust. You can attack people in your party without getting a skull. This is helpful for training your skills, but can be abused to kill people without having to fear negative consequences.
Tom: The leader of a party has the option to distribute gathered experience among all players in the party. If you are the leader, right-click on yourself and select 'Enable Shared Experience'.
Tom: There is nothing more I can tell you. If you are still in need of some hints, I can repeat them for you.
Player: bye / farewell
Tom: Good hunting, son.

Our partners

tibia
tibiabosses
tibiagoals
tibiatales
tibialight
tibiamaps

Top donators

Name TC Amount
Sabin Rene 1000TC
Cavaleiro Kyon Efusa 600TC
Anonymous 550TC
Hegal 500TC
Pala Thebs 250TC
Acolyte Rain 250TC
Vall Astaoldana 150TC
Parrilla 100TC

Do you like our fansite? We put our hearts and spend countless hours to provide you with the best content possible.

If you want to support us, you can make a donation. Donations are used for the development of the site and as prizes in our competitions.

Just send any amount of Tibia Coins/gold/items you wish to Secret Ary, our treasurer. Contact us if you wish to stay anonymous on the list below.

Thank you for believing in us.

What are the players saying about us?

I love how articles uncover more content in Tibia and help me understand Tibian universe better.